Unmanned smart vending cabinets have their own advantages, how to choose the best one?
Speaking of new retail, we have to mention unmanned vending machines. The unmanned convenience store is a new star in China's retail industry. It is a retail service entity that integrates high-quality commodity services and advanced information technology. It is also one of the directions for future retail business models and structural adjustments. Its vitality and The potential has been fully verified by the market. So what do you think of the various technologies on the market for unmanned intelligent vending cabinets?
At present, the most common unmanned intelligent vending cabinets on the market use four types of technologies, gravity sensing, visual recognition, RFID and displacement. Compared with other technologies, displacement technology is less used. The most common ones are gravity sensing and RFID technology. Let’s take a look at how these two technologies operate. What are their advantages and disadvantages? Let's make a look!
Gravity induction container（smart fridge vending machine）, widely used and low precision
It is understood that the use of gravity sensing identification technology for unmanned containers is a relatively common technology in the market. The principle of this technology is that a gravity sensor is installed on each pallet of the unmanned container. When the product leaves the pallet, the type of the product can be identified based on its weight. In this way, you can know which item is missing, and then you can make a settlement.
- The gravity-sensing container can effectively prevent the phenomenon of stealing food and drink, and truly achieve zero cargo damage.
- There are many kinds of commodities that can be adapted, and some scattered commodities that are priced by weight can be sold, such as firewood, rice, oil, salt, fruits, vegetables, pork, sheep and donkey meat and other fresh products.
- There is no need for expensive servers, and gravity sensing recognition is not a high-tech. Therefore, compared with other recognition technologies, the cost is relatively low.
- Due to the limitations of gravity sensing recognition technology, if different products have the same weight, they cannot be accurately identified.
- Although the use of gravity induction can reduce the damage to the goods, the damage is only based on the fact that the goods will not be stolen, but there is no guarantee that the goods will not be damaged in the cabinet. For example, peel the oranges and bananas in the cabinet.
RFID technology, high cost for accurate identification
RFID technology can be described as a relatively widely used technology, and unmanned containers also use RFID technology to identify what goods users have taken. The number of layers of no cargo lanes is limited, which increases the space utilization rate of the cabinet, and the data collection is accurate, and the inventory and moving sales are automatically detected.
- The recognition accuracy is high, almost 100% can be achieved.
- It can manage the product expiration in unmanned cabinets in real time through RFID identity authentication management to ensure food safety.
- There is no limit to the number of layers of cargo lanes, which increases the utilization rate of cabinet space and enables fast reading of multiple tags.
- The cost is high, and a dedicated RFID electronic tag needs to be attached to each product. As the cost of RFID electronic tags has yet to be reduced, and they are non-recyclable and disposable, they need to be sold together with the goods, so the cost has to be considered.
- The cargo damage rate is relatively high, and there is a problem of stealing food and drinking.
Each technology has its advantages and disadvantages, and each technology cannot be said to be unique. For different commodities, it is wise to choose the right technology.
How will the future unmanned vending container develop and what solutions will there be? Looking at the performance of various types of retail terminals in the market in the past five years, we find that new types of terminals with the concept of unmanned stores are getting closer and closer to people's vision. The trend of unmanned or semi-unmanned convenience stores will not be ruled out in the future.
If you are interested in unmanned vending machines, you can contact us to learn more.
Micron Smart Vending